Are you looking for CBD oil for anxiety?
You are in the right spot if you need the above question answered.
After the 2018 Farm Bill, the cannabis Sativa or the hemp plant does not come under Marijuana. After the bill, several cannabis plants became legal after federal laws. Plants with THC levels less than 0.3 percent are now legal.
That brings us to CBD. The hemp Sativa plant or the cannabidiol is the career of the non-psychoactive compound known as CBD. As proved by research, CBD is a very helpful plant to treat conditions such as – anxiety, pain, epilepsy, Parkinson’s, and Dystonia.
People googling how to get rid of anxiety often find themselves looking for the best cbd oil for anxiety.
Yes, CBD helps in treating anxiety. Where tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) gets you high, CBD makes it easier for you to cope with anxiety. But does it do so? I will discuss how to take CBD oil for anxiety?
What Is CBD Oil?
The hemp Sativa plant or the CBD plant contains around 540 chemical compounds. THC, the cannabinoid responsible for getting you high, is present at an extremely low ratio in the hemp plant. But CBD is unlike THC.
If your doctor prescribes it, CBD helps with several health issues like pain, muscle disorder, and seizure disorder. Instead of intoxicating your body, CBD blocks different enzymes that trigger inflammation. CBD also has several therapeutic usages.
But can CBD oil actually help with treating anxiety? For that, you need to know what CBD oil is and how to consume it.
There are different types and forms of CBD products. There are capsules; you can mix CBD products with drinks and with food. Most importantly, CBD oil is one of the most used products of CBD, and it helps to relieve several mental issues like stress, depression, and anxiety.
How To Take CBD Oil For Anxiety?
Most users would use CBD oil sublingually. You just have to place the CBD oil below your tongue and the oil. Then you have to let the oil stay there for a few minutes and finally swallow it. But there are other methods as well. Here are different ways to take CBD oil for anxiety.
- Sublingual: This method requires you to place the oil under your tongue, as I discussed before.
- Orally: You can mix CBD oil to your food or to your drink.
- Topical: Users can also use the oil topically to reduce pain.
- Inhaling: Inhaling is also a process. There are vape cartridges made from hemp, and you can inhale them.
- Transdermal: Applying the oil to your skin penetrates it. Using this method, you can get the oil into your bloodstream through the skin.
How Does CBD Help Maintain Anxiety?
Several types of research prove that CBD offers great health benefits when it comes to maintaining anxiety. It helps with treating anxiety, stress, and other neurological disorders.
When used on animals like rats, CBD has shown significant benefits in reducing stress. Different behavioral patterns relating to stress and anxiety, like increased heart rates and other psychological symptoms, reduce upon consumption of CBD oils.
- According to a study in 2011, CBD helped reduce the effects of SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder).
- It also has effects on Insomnia. People with Insomnia find CBD oil helpful.
- PTSD symptoms like nightmares and negative memories can be treated using CBD.
- A 2017 study on CBD revealed that CBD helps treat anxiety disorders. However, the test also reveals that more human tests need to be conducted to find any potential side effects.
Dosages: How Much CBD Oil To Take For Anxiety
As I stated before, more human tests are necessary to unveil the potential and side effects of CBD. There is still no mention of the quantity or dosages of CBD oil one must have to reduce stress.
But, the pharmaceutical companies mention specific does on the labels of the CBD products. It is important that you do not exceed that dose.
- A study from 2018 shows that a 300 mg consumption of CBD 90 minutes before the test helped reduce anxiety.
- Consumption of 150 mg has very little benefit, whereas consumption of 600 mg also shows the same result.
- It is good to neither exceed nor minimize the dosages of consumption.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Here are some popularly asked questions related to CBD and different ways of using them. You may find them extremely helpful.
There are different ways of consuming CBD oil. If you are consuming it sublingually or taking it through vapor, it may take around 15 minutes at the least to start working. But if you are consuming it through edible products or using it as a topical one, it may take around an hour to feel the effect.
When you are consuming it according to a doctor’s prescription, you will already have a doze mentioned. But if there is no specific dose mentioned, you can take 10 mg to 20 mg every day. This way, you can make the effects well-tolerable, and you won’t see any unnecessary effects.
Before you use CBD oil for your dogs, you need to ensure that the product is made for dogs. It should also be a component for treating the stress of your dog. The best way to use CBD oil for dogs is by placing a few drops of oil on a treat and then offering it to your dog.
How to take CBD oil for anxiety? I hope that reading this article has already given you an insight into how to use cannabidiol oil for anxiety. The topical and sublingual use of CBD can help treat different types of mental and psychological conditions. I have also answered some questions related to the regular use of CBD-based components.
I hope that this article was helpful to you. However, if you need any further clarification, we are always happy and ready to answer you. So, do use the comment box for your queries.
Shahnawaz is a passionate and professional Content writer. He loves to read, write, draw and share his knowledge in different niches like Technology, Cryptocurrency, Travel,Social Media, Social Media Marketing, and Healthcare.