Do you want to know how to make edible candy or how to make candy edibles? Well, you are in the right spot, my friend. This article is all set to educate you about edibles candy and everything related to it. So stick around and let me help you out.
What Are Edibles?
In essence, if you want to simplify what are edibles. Then the best way to proceed is to call it food but with a twist. Food items that are laced with cannabis are called edibles. Even though smoking cannabis is probably the best and most popular way to consume cannabis. However, over the years, candy edibles have become a comparatively more popular method of consuming cannabis.
While brownies are more popular than weed-infused edibles candy. Still, today we are going to look at the latter in order to broaden our knowledge. In fact, if you come from a legalized state, I am pretty sure that you can encounter other forms of cannabis edibles as well because you can practically infuse any food with cannabis.
Recipes For Some Of The Weed Edibles Candy
Since any food can be practically infused with cannabis and can transformed into something interesting, there are millions of recipes for edibles candy. But today, we will be looking at some of my personal favorite cannabis edibles that are easy to make but can definitely rock your boats to the core. So stick around to become a cannabis masterchef who can literally send people over the moon with their culinary skills.
Cannabis Chocolate Bombs
All the finest and most popular cannabis edibles are always made with chocolate. So why not start our list with the amazing Cannabis Chocolate Bombs? These are perfect party snacks that can make your part all the more lit and make your guests less annoying.
- Glass Bowls
- Whisk and a spatula
- Double boiler
- Couple of measuring spoons
- Oven mitts
- Chocolate chips (dark)- at least four cups.
- Cannabis sugar- two to four tablespoons
- Your favorite brand of dry hot cocoa Mix- 1 cup
- One or two cups of candy melts or white chocolate to add some decorations (optional)
- The first step is to melt your chocolate chips in hot water using the double boiler.
- Once the chips are melted, add some cannabis sugar to the mix and keep stirring until things are evenly mixed.
- If you are using a silicone mold, fill up the mold halfway through. In short, leave some space for added magic.
- Use a toothpick or a teaspoon to swirl the mixture well so that there are no air bubbles. Then place the mixture in the freezer.
- Let the mold sit in the freezer for around 20 minutes. The mixture should harden by now and can be taken out of the mold.
- Remember the space that you left in the mold. Well, it is time that you add some magic to this space in order to
- Once you add the extra topping or some magic to your Canna-infused Chocolate Bombs, you can again place them into the freezer for another 20 minutes.
Hard Edibles Candy
Cannabis-infused hard candy edibles are one of the best edibles on our list. These candies are easy to make, and the recipe hardly fails. So, it is a safe bet for anybody. Even if you are just starting out, you can easily get the hang of making these succulent treats.
- Baking trays or candy molds
- Food thermometer
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of cannabis tincture or 500 mg of THC
- 2 full cups of sugar
- 2 or three cups of corn syrup.
- One-quarter cup of water.
- Flavoring. According to your preference.
- Food coloring. Optional.
- Try mixing the corn syrup, sugar, and water in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Do it over low heat, and wait for the mixture to come to a boiling state.
- Keep stirring till the mixture reaches 305 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the edibles weed candy mixture away from the heat if done.
- Add the cannabis tincture to the mixture and transfer it to the tray or mold.
- Let the mixture cool down, and you are all set to enjoy your weed-infused edible candy.
Effects Of Edibles Candy
Well, edibles are mostly all fun and games up until the high of the substance creeps up on you unexpectedly and makes you smell colors. While the effects of smoking marijuana can last for an hour or two at max. The effects of edibles can last for up to five hours in certain cases. Therefore, if you are giving cannabis to an unsuspecting individual who is not well-versed with the substance and its general effects, do give a forewarning.
While the internet might try and convince you that you cannot overdose on cannabis, I can personally vouch for otherwise. It is definitely possible to overdose on cannabis, especially if you are consuming cannabis in the form of edibles. In some cases, individuals had to be taken to the ER in order to treat them for cannabis overdose. Some of the most common symptoms of cannabis overdose include hallucinations, panic attacks, paranoia, loss of orientation, and even psychotic episodes that can range from violent to bizarre.
Therefore, if you are dabbling in the magic of cannabis and edible cannabis, keep an open mind about the possible downsides. In fact, try starting things slow before upping up the ante.
So there you go, these were some of the best recipes of edible candy that you can make at home quite easily with barely minimum pieces of equipment. But do keep an open mind to the downsides of the substance.
Samik has been a literature student all along and uses his fluidity to write about multi-niche topics. Aspiring to be a professional writer, he tries to analyze his topic from a critical standpoint but still adds a hint of personal perspective to the end product. Being a person having a general inclination toward global politics and documentary filmmaking, he also wishes to write and document more about numerous conflicts that are brewing in the different corners of the globe.