Is it a glue? Is it something related to gorillas? Do not worry. We bring you all the fundamental pieces of information that you will need in order to properly understand everything there is to know about the Gorilla Glue strain. If you are a first-time reader, welcome. Sit down, get comfortable, and bring some nachos as we are about to take you down the trippy lane.
What Is Gorilla Glue Strain?
Gorilla Glue weed, or GG4 weed strain, is the all-new hybrid cannabis strain that has grown in popularity quite a bit in recent years. It is quite famous for its psychoactive traits as well as some very potent therapeutic uses. Unlike most other strains discussed on this page, this is a three-way hybrid. In other words, this is a hybrid that is formed after combining three very potent strains. The parent strains of the Gorilla Glue strain are Chocolate Diesel, Chem’s Sister, and Sour Dubb. The sativa-indica ratio of this strain is actually 60/40. This means 60% sativa and 40% indica. Hence it is a Sativa-dominant strain.
This is a strain that is known for its high THC content, which can easily go up to 30%. In fact, most cannabis experts claim this strain is one of the most potent cannabis out there. Inversely, it has a low CBD content of about 1%.
Apart from its high THC content, and multi-purpose usage, this strain is also famous for its aroma and general flavor. Something that will be discussed in more detail later on.
The GG4 strain is one of the most iconic strains when it comes to appearance. Anybody with some experience with cannabis can certainly identify the strain from afar. The buds of this strain are full of resin, sticky, and quite dense. The size of the buds ranges from medium to large, with bright green color and some purple tinge. Therefore, making it visually more iconic and identifiable.
The buds are quite tightly packed and therefore making it harder for people to break the bud by hand. Maybe this is where the name came from. Also, the buds are covered with a thick layer of trichomes, which makes the bud seem almost frosty. Therefore, making the bud look strikingly iconic.
Flavor And Aroma
Gorilla Glue is for anybody who loves leans toward the old-school flavors of weed. The Gorilla Glue strain boasts a unique blend of earthy flavor with a little bit of sweetness underlined with a mild citrusy flavor.
If you consume the strain by the general method of smoking, then you will get the true taste of the flavor. As soon as you take a swig of the bud, the first flavor that you will feel is a rich earthy flavor that covers the inner lining of your mouth and throat. Next, as soon as you start to exhale, you will notice the sweetness underlined with a mild citrusy flavor. This makes for a unique experience for users.
The aroma of the bud is quite similar to its flavor, with an earthy aroma undertoned with a sweet and citrusy blend. Therefore, taking a whiff of the bud would transport you to a pine forest. Some users also have explained the aroma similar to what Chocolate Diesel smells like. Therefore, making the flavor and aroma a complex blend of different things that sit together just perfectly.
Boasting a whopping 30% THC, the Gorilla Glue strain can be expected to produce some very potent effects. Users claim that the general effect of the strain can even be felt after four hours post-consumption.
Containing 60% Sativa, the strain is known to produce some very potent cerebral or cognitive high which can be characterized by a feeling of euphoria, increased focus, and enhanced creative outbursts. But as soon as the peak subsides, users explain a feeling of fatigue, heaviness, and sleepiness. This is the 40% indica working its magic.
Keeping the general effects in mind, let us look at some of the ways the strain can be used medicinally and the side effects one must be wary of.
Cannabis can be a great friend if you know how to consume it. Otherwise, things can get quite hairy. Let us look at some of the potential benefits that this strain has in order to decide if you should give it a try. However, we would suggest that you consult a doctor before going ahead with your decision to use the strain medically.
- GG4 is known to help people who are dealing with any sort of chronic pain like fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc. The high THC would help alleviate the pain as well as reduce any inflammation.
- Akin to the iconic Pineapple Express strain, the sativa-dominant nature of the strain can help you to focus better and uplift your mood or calm your nerves. Therefore, if you are dealing with issues like ADHD, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Better sleep is one of the most notable features of this strain. The 40% indica would set in once you are done peaking on the 60% sativa. This is when you would actually feel the effect of the indica as it would eventually lull you to sleep.
- Now, it is no surprise that after consuming any weed, you get the munchies. Therefore, it is quite obvious that once you consume a substance with such high THC content, you are bound to feel the pangs of munchies. As a result, GG4 can be used as a substance to increase the general appetite of an individual.
As said earlier, GG4 is an amazing friend. However, if you do not know how to properly consume the substance, it can definitely knock you out of your socks. Therefore, let us look at some of the ways GG4 can f**k you up:
- The first and foremost thing you would notice if you go in front of the mirror after consuming the substance is your bloodshot eyes. GG4 can strip your body of its water content, and as a result, your eyes can feel dry and irritated.
- GG4 has a high THC concentration of around 30%. Hence, if you are a first-time user who is unsure about the ways to go forward with the GG4, then we suggest that you take a step back and reconsider your life choices. If you do not know the moderation that you should follow, it can certainly put you through one of the worst trips of your life. A bad trip is when you are high and anxious at the same time. Take it from a user, it is not a pretty sight.
- GG4 is a powerful psychoactive substance. If you are somebody who gets pukish easily, then steer clear. Gorilla Glue would certainly make you feel queasy, but if your body does not have enough water content, you will not be able to puke. Therefore, creating an uncomfortable cycle that is hard to break through.
So there you go, all the necessary information that you will ever need about the iconic Gorilla Glue strain. Boasting one of the highest THC content, this strain is a personal favorite of several potheads, including us here at CBD Mag. However, everything comes with its downsides, and the downside of this strain is its strong psychoactive capabilities that can be too much for some people.
Samik has been a literature student all along and uses his fluidity to write about multi-niche topics. Aspiring to be a professional writer, he tries to analyze his topic from a critical standpoint but still adds a hint of personal perspective to the end product. Being a person having a general inclination toward global politics and documentary filmmaking, he also wishes to write and document more about numerous conflicts that are brewing in the different corners of the globe.