Bongs work great to make you high!
But in order to get high consistently, you have to keep it clean. As you are searching for “how to clean a bong?” you might have experienced bad taste due to the dirt accumulation on your bong.
The most prominent feature of your bong is the water. It works as a filter and offers you a more refined and smoother smoke.
Do you know how you should clean your bong? No? Do not worry about that. We got you covered. This article is only written in order to offer you a proper guide on cleaning your bong. So that you can enjoy it as you used to when it was clean and free of dirt.
When Is It The Time To Clean Your Bong?
In case your ring starts to form around the waterline of the bong, you need to understand, your bong requires a cleaning.
If, however, you are using purified water, you might see some small floaters of resin, wer, or residue in there.
All these particles get combined with bacteria and mildew. It develops a really specific bong smell. That is why esports always suggests cleaning your bong at least once a week. When you are cleaning your bong, you are also required to consider “how to clean a pipe?”
There are also some connoisseurs who prefer to clean their bongs on a daily basis. I know you want to keep your bong clean and avoid any type of issues, I have mentioned earlier. For that purpose, you just need to dump the water after every use.
After you are done with it, it is best to clean it at that moment; it will prevent any bacteria formation, which might affect the taste of your smoke.
How To Clean Bong Or How To Clean A Glass Bong?
Now, you know when your bong needs cleaning. But what about the cleaning, or “how to clean bong?” Here is the easy step-by-step guide for cleaning your bong. You just need to follow this step-by-step cleaning process for your bong.
1. A Basic Cleaning
The basic cleaning is also the usual cleaning you can do on a regular basis, after a session. Here, you are required to follow simple steps.
- Wear your latex gloves and empty out your bong. Dump out the old boing water and remove any spent herb. Then with warm water, give it a good rinse for removing any remaining solid particles. Finally, it is time to fill the bong part way with some of the warm water that you are using.
- Take your bong apart so that you can clean every individual piece. All the moveable parts should be removed along with the pip and mouthpiece. When you have taken your bong apart, you also can check for any kind of damages, like cracks and chips. Before using your bong again, you need to replace those damaged pieces.
- Now add a cleaner and an abrasive into the base of your bond. These two will work together in order to clean the inside of your bong. Here coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol work the best for cleaning purposes. But you also can go with vinegar and baking soda or rice. The stronger the rubbing alcohol will be, the better the cleaning will be.
- Using your thumbs, fingers, and hands, plug or block those open holes of your bong. This way, you will be able to prevent a big mess with the cleaner and abrasive. In order to get the best possible result, shake it well.
- Now, empty the cleaning solution and rinse that out completely with clean water. You are obviously required to repeat the cleaning process as many times as needed. Most of the time, usually, one is enough.
2. Cleaning Stains And Tough Areas
Cleaning any tough stains or areas where it is difficult to reach with your hand is another tough job. For those areas, follow these below steps.
- In case your bong is too dirty, it will be best to soak it in a bathtub, basin, or sink full of warm water and a little amount of dish soap. Before you start the cleaning process, you need to leave your bong soaking for about an hour or two. Do not use too much dish soap; it might leave a smell for at least a couple of smokes.
- Take all loose pieces of your bong in a resealable plastic bag along with some coarse salt. After that, fill the bag with rubbing alcohol so that all the pieces emerge on the liquid. Shake the resealable plastic bag for a few seconds and let those pieces soak for several minutes. Now, with clean water, rinse those pieces off.
- Use a pipe cleaner or a plastic cotton swab for scrubbing around the crannies and nooks of your bong. Scrub those places where water and resin stains are harder to reach and remove with hands; before scrubbing, do not forget to dip them into a little amount of rubbing alcohol.
- When you are thinking about a quick wash for “how to clean your bong?” you can take help from the warm water and lemon juice. Put some warm water along with lemon juice on the base and swish it around. Now rinse your bong with cold, clean water.
3. Take care Of Your Bong
When you are thinking about “how to clean bong?” only cleaning will not be enough. You also have to take proper care of your bong. Follow the below mentioned after cleaning steps.
- Unfiltered spring water and tap water contains minerals, which can leave water stains in your bong. In order to prevent this, always use filtered water while you are cleaning your bong. If it is not possible, after cleaning, just rinse your bong with filtered water.
- If you want to keep your bong much cleaner, change out your bong water every day. Mold can form when old water sits in your bong. It itself is pretty gross. Apart from that, mold brings mold stains with it. This can make the “how to clean bong?” more excessive.
- Another way of keeping mold at bay is cleaning your bong once every week. A brief cleaning in a week will do the work for you and will prevent forming mold stains.
- As your bong is made of glass, if you do not take proper care of it, it can speak or crack. When you are traveling with your bong or storing it, keep it safe with a case or protective bag.
Read also: Top 10 Best Homemade Bongs: Getting Your Smoke On With Style
How To Clean Bong With Alcohol?
Here is the simple process of cleaning your alcohol with alcohol. First, let’s go through the essential items you will need to clean your bong with alcohol.
- Dish soap.
- Isopropyl alcohol.
- Paper towels.
- Coarse salt.
- Cotton swab.
- Zip-top plastic bag.
Now come to the actual process of cleaning your bong. Follow the below-mentioned steps for that.
- Step 1: First, you need to disassemble your bong very carefully. Remove the bowl, mouthpiece, and other accessories as well. Then dump any dirty water and rinse it once with clean water.
- Step 2: Leaving a little empty space, fill the rest of the chamber with isopropyl alcohol. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of coarse salt to it. The role of isopropyl alcohol is as a disinfectant, which cuts through the oils in the residually sticky reason. Along with it, the salt is used as an abrasive.
- Step 3: Now, with your hand, cover the top of the bing and shake it vigorously. After that, leave it to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4: After 10 minutes, discard the solution. Then wipe the inside area of the bong with a paper towel. In case your bong is too narrow, you can use a bottle brush to give the interior a scrub.
- Step 5: With clean water, rinse the inside and cover the top, shake it and empty the contents. If necessary, repeat this step.
- Step 6: Take a little amount of dish soap on a sponge for cleaning the exterior.
- Step 7: While cleaning the loose pieces, you have to ensure that you are clearing up any debris, especially in the bowl part. Fill the zip-top bag with a couple of tablespoons of salt along with isopropyl alcohol for around 10 minutes, and soak all those loose pieces.
- Step 8: Shake up the bag, and then rinse all those loose pieces with water till they get cleaned.
Some Tips For “How To CLean A Bong?”
When you are considering “How to clean bong?” You should ensure some crucial things for getting the perfect clean-up and enjoying the best smoke of your cannabis. Here are some tips for you.
1. Do Not Let Water Sit
After every bong session, it is a must to dump dirty water. Don’t give any time to settle the grime in your bong. The best option you have is to rinse out the dirty water immediately and clean it as soon as you are done using it.
2. Salt Is Your Fiend
As I have already told you, when you are cleaning your bong, the salt plays the role of an abrasive in order to remove those stuck-on filths. Even before you start a bong session, salt is also helpful.
Before the session, dissolve a little amount of salt into your bong. There is a theory that some of the harsh ingredients usually bond with the salt molecules instead of bonding inside your bong. After the session, dump it and rinse. This way, you will not need to clean your bong too frequently.
3. Keep It Out Of Sunlight
If you leave your bong with dirty water in it, it will lead to algae and bacteria growth. In case you forget to clean your bong, you can consider keeping it out of sunlight. Sunlight will slow down that nastiness. Summerland bongs are opaque and ceramic, which prevents ultraviolet exposure to very dirty water.
I know you want to keep your favorite bong clean and safe. Thus, when it comes to taking care of it, you become very particular. I also understand that you are relying on the internet to offer a reliable solution to your queries and doubts.
So, here are some common questions about “how to clean your bong?” These answers will definitely solve your queries.
In the morning, provide your bong with a hot water bath, and then follow the above-mentioned steps for cleaning your bong. You will end up with a clean bong.
Fill out the base of your bong with vinegar and a teaspoon of pure baking soda, not baking powder. Now covering the bong holes, shake your bong well for several minutes. Once the vinegar becomes brownish, rinse your bong clean with clear water.
For cleaning the bong bowl, you will need 99% or 91% isopropyl alcohol along with some coarse salt. Here the
alcohol plays the role of a cleaner and salt as an abrasive. Take these two things in your bong, cover all the holes and shake well for around 5 minutes. After that, rinse them off properly with clean water.
Underneath hot water, run every piece of your acrylic bong. Use a bottle scrub or pipe cleaner brush in order to dislodge and wipe away any mold or resin properly. Until and unless the entire bong is clean, keep scrubbing and rinsing.