Even before the global pandemic, making forecasts about the Cali weed market was challenging. It’s not because their legal cannabis market opened only three years ago. But, it’s the uniqueness of this sector in which licensed operators compete against a far larger illicit market.
Although Cali weed is legal as a medication for some people, it is still illegal at the federal level. As a result, the coronavirus has overshadowed some of the trends supposed to shake up California’s marijuana sector at the beginning of 2020. But, due to their designation of ‘essential,’ some suppliers generated a far better revenue selling Cali weed than other sectors.
What Is Cali Weed?
Cali weed is the marijuana strain found in California that is known to uplift your mood, and provide you energizing effects. It has a citrus and fruity flavor with a tinge of kush, and coffee. People who produce the strain of this weed claim its flowers are comparatively larger and dense than other strains. This high-end cannabis flower is legal in California. People grow it professionally in this state and also transport it outside.
Legal Guidelines Of Cali Weed – All You Need To Know
If you have heard that Cali weed is now legal in the state, you have heard it right. Many people use it for recreational purposes, but there are some legal policies that you must abide by to purchase Cali weed.
- You have to be 21 years of age or older to purchase Cali weed or even use it for recreational purposes. It includes vaping, earring cannabis-infused products, smoking marijuana cigarettes, etc.
- You cannot sell Cali weed to minors. If you are found selling it to children, your license will be suspended, and you may even get some jail time.
- It is illegal to possess more than 28.5 grams of marijuana plant material. It is also illegal to hold on to more than 8 grams of potent weed.
- You are not allowed to drive when you are under the influence of Cali weed.
- You cannot smoke weed in public parks, sidewalks, residential areas, office premises, etc. It is even illegal to open a packet that contains Cali weed in public places.
- If any place considers smoking as illegal, you can’t smoke the Cali weed there also. No matter how legalized it is in the state, you can’t smoke cannabis in bars, restaurants, or other enjoyment areas where smoking is considered illegal. You are not even allowed to smoke within 15 feet of ventilation openings or doors.
- It is illegal to possess Cali weed in federal properties such as national parks. Some examples of federal lands in California are the Marin Headlands, Alcatraz Island, Presidio, the Ocean Beach, etc.
- You are allowed to smoke the Cali weed on personal property. But, if the landlords or property owners want, they can prohibit cannabis on their premises.
- Even if you are traveling to a state where cannabis is legal, you cannot take the Cali weed across the state lines. It will be illegal, and you may face some serious legal trouble from both states.
- If your store has a state-approved license to sell Cali weed, you can sell it without fearing the legality concerns.
Local Businesses Selling Cali Weed
The only reason California has legalized weed is because of its numerous health benefits. You may know that weed can ease up your anxiety, depression, and mood disorders. There are many local stores in this state selling Cali weed legally. Let’s know a bit about them;
1: Barbary Coast Dispensary
This store is located on 952 Mission Street. They are now offering door-to-door delivery of weed from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can get the delivery all seven days a week. Just enter your pin code, and see if they deliver in your area. Even if they don’t deliver there, they will send you a link to their sister store that does deliver in your area.
2: Eureka Sky
This store is situated on 3989 17th Street. Due to the pandemic situation, they are now offering pre-order online with a pickup facility. It is also open from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. all seven days a week. But, if you visit the store yourself, you’ll have to abide by all of their Covid protocols.
3: Moe Greens
Located on 1276 Market Street, this store ensures guests with its services for the entire week. The store is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The best thing about this store is its wide variety of Cali weed products. You can get topicals, vape pens, edibles, concentrates, flowers, accessories, etc.
Sava drivers are pretty professional when it comes to getting the delivery of Cali weed. As a result, the days and hours of delivery vary across different regions. If you reside in the East Bay, San Francisco, Contra Costa, Marin, Greater Tri-Valley, or Peninsula/South Bay areas, you can access this store.
If you live in Marin County, you can get delivery from this store seven days a week. The store is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. But, on Sundays, the store is available only till 6 p.m. Then, you can place the last call for order at 5 p.m.
How Much Does Cali Weed Cost?
If you think that Cali weed is legal, so it will come cheap, you are wrong. According to the new law of Controlled Substances Act (CSA) 21 USC 801, you have to pay $8 more for the usual amount of $50 to get an ounce of their top-quality flowers. The cost is, of course, much lower in the black market. So, the legal retail Cali weed sellers worry that their customers will seek to access the underground sales.
The licensed stores also have to add a 15% tax on Cali weed and all sorts of recreational products. However, according to the weed buyers in California, this price will drop half the following year if the market pattern follows Colorado and Washington. Since these two states legalized marijuana before California, so it’s a fair assumption to make.
Wrapping It Up
The Cali weed industry is slowly expanding, and we believe it will generate more revenue than some other dominating sectors by the next five years. So, if you want to taste legal marijuana, make sure you use this opportunity now. But, there are also a few laws regarding cannabis selling and smoking, so you must follow that. If you have any further questions regarding Cali weed, let us know in the comment box.
Debasmita Dasgupta is a creative content writer. She is an experience individual in the field of web content writing and her expertise revolves around diverse subjects. Driven by utmost passion towards writing, she ensures that clients always get a quality content from her