A dark-colored strain that is enough to make you see God. This is what the Black Cherry Gelato strain is all about. An interesting cross between two very popular strains. The result is a hard-hitting nug that packs a punch and provides an aroma of sweet cherries, berries, and citrus.
So, hold on to your seats as we take you along a journey to introduce this unique cannabis strain that is certainly to make you feel high, relaxed, and hungry. Let’s go.
What Is Black Cherry Gelato Weed Strain?
If you are an indica lover, then black cherry gelato might be the right strain for you. The strain contains 60% indica and 40% Sativa. Therefore, making it predominantly indica.
The black cherry gelato strain is believed to have been conceived by Black Cherry Funk and Acai strains, both of which a noteworthy in their own rights. As a result, we got ourselves an iconic strain that has amazing flavors and is known to provide a calming high that would relax your senses.
Since this is a hybrid strain, you should expect some characteristics of Indica as well as Sativa. These characteristics include a blend of relaxing body-high of Indica and an energizing effect of sativa. Therefore, black cherry gelato strain effects are a unique blend of the two.
Now, the strain is an interesting mix between indica and sativa, which is already discussed earlier. This hybridity can be clearly noticed in several other aspects as well. This section is aimed at discussing three main aspects, including flavor, aroma, and appearance.
Black cherry gelato strain is a strain that is known for its strong aroma. Experts explain the aroma as “combining hints of herbs, gas, and skunk with a delectable sweetness akin to licorice”. However, this strong aroma is slightly balanced by earthy wild berries and cherry flavor. As a result, this is an acquired taste for those who prefer more intense fragrances over subtle ones.
Flavor-wise, experts find it to be reminiscent of “hot coffee, layered with succulent berries and cherries, enrobed in creamy goodness, and finished off with a hint of black licorice and freshly squeezed lime juice,” an elaborate explanation. However, in simpler terms, it has a skunky flavor that will hit you as soon as you try it. This strong flavor is enough to knock people’s boots off and is part of the experience.
The dark green buds of the strain are covered with striking amber pistils and glistening trichomes, enough to make anyone’s mouth water. Each nug lustrously shimmers and hints towards the vibrant flavor that it offers.
A separate category in itself while discussing any strains. Potency is the sole factor that defines how popular can be a strain become. The black cherry gelato strain is a strong one when it comes to discussing potency. The black cherry gelato strain’s THC level clocks at somewhere around 26% to 28%. This certainly would give you an intense experience that can sometimes be too much for some people. Especially if you are just a beginner.
The first prominent feeling that you would experience will be of relaxation and feeling of heaviness. This is the indica working its magic. Next, you will be experiencing an alert mind that is churning out new ideas; this is the sativa working. Most of the black cherry gelato strain reviews claimed that the feeling would be a weird mix between fatigue and heightened alertness. Therefore, making it a one-of-a-kind experience.
Not only is the strain known for its potent high and characteristic strong aroma, it also has some health benefits that cannot be ignored. These health benefits include:
- Stress relief: Being predominantly an indica strain, it is known to have some pretty significant calming capabilities. The potent combination of THC and the terpenes would alleviate any aches or discomfort you might have. For those who are looking for natural ways to unwind, this strain is perfect for them.
- Treating respiratory conditions: Experts claim that black cherry gelato has the capability to work anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator. In other words, help people who are suffering from respiratory problems like asthma.
- Alleviate pain: The strain is known to contain a mix of chemicals like THC, CBC, and CBD. This combination is known to help people suffering from chronic pain.
- Better sleep: Again, the predominant indica strain that is present in the black cherry gelato is known to have calming effects. This calming effect is important as it helps people to drift off into a deep sleep. Therefore, helping people suffering from insomnia.
- Munchies: An integral part of the experience. The strain is known to increase people’s appetite and help them maintain a more consistent dietary habits.
Just like everything in this, the black cherry gelato strain is not always your friend. Sometimes, it can be too much to handle for some people, especially those who are inexperienced. Let us look at some of the undesired effects that come along with the whole package:
- Drowsiness: This is a very common effect of clack cherry gelato. The predominant indica strain of this nug is known to make people sleepy. Therefore, using it anytime apart from night could be a bad choice for people. Therefore, be aware of the setting and the time of consumption.
- Dry mouth: The familiar feeling of a dry and sticky mouth is synonymous with cannabis consumption. This is a phenomenon that is due to dehydration caused by the consumption. Therefore, staying optimally hydrated would keep this from happening.
- Red eyes: Now, this might not be too much of a drawback when compared to other effects. However, it can still land you in trouble, you know if you know. Cold compress and over-the-counter eye medications can help you get rid of red eyes.
- Paranoia: It is one of the prime causes of a ‘bad-trip’. People who might be suffering from chronic paranoia should stay away from the black cherry gelato strain. It is known to send people down the rabbit hole of negative feelings and thoughts. If this happens, the strain is too strong for you, and you need to take a rest from it.
Ans: Both are iconic in their own respect. They both have a considerable amount of indica contents that are known to produce the same effects.
However, Black Cherry OG contains 17% THC while Black Cherry Gelato contains around 26% THC. Therefore, technically Black Cherry Gelato is stronger than Black Cherry OG.
Ans: The strain has the capability to thrive indoors as well as outdoor environment. According to experts, it would take around 8 weeks for the plant to thrive.
In summation, the black cherry gelato strain is a unique strain that provides its users with the best of both worlds. It provides the calming high of indica, along with the enhanced mind stimulation of sativa. As a result, we have a one-of-a-kind blended experience that is unique in its own respect.
However, cannabis might look like a friend in most instances, but it can also have pretty significant after-effects, which can be best termed as ‘not so favorable’. Hence, having a good idea about the substance would definitely save you from a bad trip and make your experience more optimal.
Samik has been a literature student all along and uses his fluidity to write about multi-niche topics. Aspiring to be a professional writer, he tries to analyze his topic from a critical standpoint but still adds a hint of personal perspective to the end product. Being a person having a general inclination toward global politics and documentary filmmaking, he also wishes to write and document more about numerous conflicts that are brewing in the different corners of the globe.