Understanding THC detox drinks is probably one of the most important things that you need to understand when we are talking about cannabis detoxification. Today, we will discuss some of the most basic and important aspects of THC detox and whether detox drinks work or not. Come along.
THC Detox Drinks: Overview
We are living in the time of the medical cannabis boom. The medical community has gone all in when it comes to using cannabis for medicinal purposes. However, it must not be forgotten that cannabis is a psychoactive substance and can form a habit.
Cannabis is a Class-I Schedule drug. This means it might not be as detrimental as other drugs like cocaine, heroin, amphetamine, methamphetamine, etc. But it can have some over-the-top effects after long-term usage. Therefore, it is very important to detoxify from time to time. Trust me when I say this: detoxifying is best done using detoxifying drinks.
And this article is all about bringing some simple drinks that will help you detoxify. We will look at some of the best drinks that will help you detoxify and even learn a little about cannabis withdrawal and its effects.
Detoxifying drinks are the most popular choice of drinks for the medical cannabis community. This is because it flushes the cannabis metabolites out of their system. If you are wondering about the nature of the components in these drinks, let me assure you that these drinks are made of herbal components. Therefore, you are not adding more chemicals to your body. As a result, the chances of getting an adverse reaction are low.
As of now, at least 3 out of 5 medical cannabis users have clearly said that THC detox drinks have helped them deal with metabolites and momentary withdrawal syndrome. In fact, some even added that the drinks have made them feel independent. This means that the medical cannabis user is not tethered to cannabis anymore. He or she can go ahead and choose to experiment with other substances in order to find help.
Detailed Composition Of THC Detox Drinks
In order to understand a THC detox drink, we need to delve into and assess its components. In this section, we will do just that. We will look at some of the most common components of THC detox drinks.
|H2O or water is one of the best elements that can be found in almost all of the THC detox drinks. It helps in hydration and flushing out of THC metabolites from the user’s urine.
|Plain tap water
|Electrolytes are very important in maintaining the electrolyte balance of our body. Electrolyte levels help in cleansing, cell functioning, and brain functions. A sudden drop in electrolytes can cause stroke and even death.
|Magnesium, sodium, and Pottasium
|By herbs, I mean ingredients that cleanse and promote proper liver functions. They help clean and regulate our bodies.
|Burdock root, Milk thistle, Dandelion root, etc.
|Vitamins & Minerals
|Vitamins are key when it comes to detoxification and promoting proper health. Vitamin deficiency can result in deficiency diseases and other medical ailments.
|Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Zinc, etc.
How Do They Work
THC detox drinks work by supplying chemicals and components to your body that can aid in flushing out the cannabis metabolites. Some metabolites can stay up to 9 months. Therefore, it is essential that we supply enough elements to our body to combat THC retention.
THC detox drinks usually use detoxifying pathways of the human body like the liver, kidney, urinary tract, etc. Most of the detox drinks try to use these pathways to flush out the metabolites. Even though the method of using detox drinks is reliable, they should not be seen as a standalone solution to all cannabis problems.
Like all things in life, there are pros, and there are cons to these THC detox drinks. Let us look at some of the pros and cons of these drinks so that you can make a decision for yourself.
- THC detox drinks are immensely helpful and can be consumed on the go. Make some and store it in a flask. This can help you consume your detox drinks on the fly.
- These drinks can be quite discreet. This means you can have them literally anywhere, and nobody would know what you are having.
- Most THC detox drinks are high in electrolytes and water. These components promote hydration, and you do not need me to tell you the advantages of hydration, I guess. The more you are hydrated, the more you will pee and flush the metabolites out of the system.
- Some of the THC detox drinks try to flush out the metabolites via stool. This is because some drinks are high in fiber and can help people with GI or gastrointestinal problems. Also, these drinks contain good probiotic bacteria that improve overall gut health.
- Several herbs used in these detox drinks contain mood-altering properties. These herbs can help people feel more centered and clear.
- The very first thing that you need to know about detox drinks is that there is limited scientific evidence that these drinks work. As a result, you need to understand the amount of money and energy you invest.
- Detox drinks are good, but they are band-aid solutions. In other words, they are not permanent in any sense. If you are consuming cannabis on a regular basis, you will never flush out 100% metabolites from your body.
- The effectiveness of THC detox drinks varies quite a lot from individual to individual. In other words, if it works for your friends, it is not necessary that it will work for you. This means they are not always reliable.
- Finally, there is no way to know if it is working or not. There are no tests that can help people understand that metabolite levels are going down.
And with that, we have reached the very end of our article about THC detox drinks. While I personally feel that they are good in several ways, they are not at all permanent as a solution. Keep following our page for more such content.
Samik has been a literature student all along and uses his fluidity to write about multi-niche topics. Aspiring to be a professional writer, he tries to analyze his topic from a critical standpoint but still adds a hint of personal perspective to the end product. Being a person having a general inclination toward global politics and documentary filmmaking, he also wishes to write and document more about numerous conflicts that are brewing in the different corners of the globe.