Many women want to take CBD for endometriosis but are not sure how to use it. Before you learn how to take it, it’s essential to know what endometriosis is. It’s a painful condition in women when the uterine tissue grows in abnormal places and can affect the pelvis structure. We will know in detail about endometriosis in the article later.
However, if you are aware of it, you may have known that there are limited options available to treat this. Many women found that CBD is helpful in addressing the symptoms of endometriosis. Here you will learn about the following things:
- Endometriosis and its symptoms
- Treatments of endometriosis
- CBD for endometriosis
- Benefits of CBD in treating endometriosis
- Side effects of CBD
After reading this article, you will explore the benefits of CBD in treating endometriosis. Additionally, you will also know about the side effects of CBD and how to use it properly to avoid them.
Endometriosis And Its Symptoms
Before we know how to use CBD for endometriosis, we will know what it is and its symptoms. Endometriosis is a painful condition in women where the endometrial tissue grows outside of the uterus. It also develops in other parts such as the fallopian tubes, ovaries, and abdomen.
Even though there is essentially no life-threatening condition, it can cause hormonal imbalance. The misplaced cells and tissue are trapped in the body during menstruation. Consequently, your body may not be able to absorb these dead cells, and it can be painful.
Here are a few symptoms of endometriosis.
- Painful periods: One of the common symptoms of endometriosis is menstrual cramps with pain in the pelvis, lower back, and abdomen.
- Excessive bleeding: Usually, during the menstruation cycle.
- Painful intercourse: Another symptom is pain during and after intercourse.
- Pain with urination: during the menstrual cycle.
- Infertility: In some cases, it can even lead to infertility and difficulty in pregnancy.
People who have endometriosis may face a lot of challenges in their life. Many people suffer from anxiety and depression due to the pain.
Treatment For Endometriosis
In fact, there is no proper way to treat endometriosis. Typically doctors try to manage the symptoms and prevent them from spreading. Here are the following ways that are useful for the treatment of endometriosis.
- Painkillers: One of the most popular ways to cope with the pain due to endometriosis is through painkillers. However, it cannot do anything with the spreading of the disease; painkillers are only to reduce the pain.
- Hormone Therapy: Another way to deal with such pain and inflammation is by hormone therapy. However, some patients may not respond to this type of treatment.
- Surgery: In more severe cases, removing the misplaced tissue by surgery can give great relief. However, the pain can return and can lead to more complications.
Apart from these, cannabinoids like CBD and THC can be a great way to treat endometriosis and other gynecological problems. Now, let’s see the different usage of CBD for endometriosis.
CBD For Endometriosis
Cannabis and hemp extracts are useful for the treatment of several reproductive diseases, including endometriosis. Here is how you can take CBD for endometriosis.
How Topical CBD Can Reduce Pain And Cramps
Menstrual cramps are painful, and it can be unbearable at times for endometriosis patients. Often the pain is unpredictable and very severe. In such cases, you can get relief by using topical CBD for endometriosis. When you experience some pain, you can use this form of CBD to target the painful areas.
CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid receptors. As a result, it gives a calming effect and blocks menstrual cramps and painful effects. The topical CBD also offers relief for pain related to sex. It has an anti-inflammatory effect, but it works for the ingested form of CBD, which we will discuss in the next section.
Taking The Ingested Form Of CBD For Endometriosis
Next, you can take the ingested form of CBD for endometriosis. Capsules and tinctures are useful for good sleep, and you can feel relaxed and energized. The ingested form of CBD for endometriosis is very helpful because of better results.
However, it would help if you are careful about the dosages. It depends on various factors, such as age, weight, height, diet, etc. Once you know your dosage, you need to stick to it until further prescription from the doctor. If you cannot sleep due to painful endometriosis cramps, you can take the CBD products formulated for sleep.
Benefits Of CBD For Endometriosis
Now let’s see what the benefits of CBD for endometriosis are. It helps in preventing endometriotic cell growth, migration, and relieving pain.
CBD Stops Cell Multiplication
Normally, your body has a system to prevent endometriotic cell growth. This system is called the endocannabinoid system, which stops apoptosis and cell growth. However, the system gets impaired when a person suffers from endometriosis. In such situations, cannabinoid products such as CBD and THC do the work of the endocannabinoid system.
CBD Prevents Cell Migration
Another great benefit of CBD for endometriosis is that it prevents cell migration. It’s one of the frustrating problems for endometriosis patients who already have surgery. Chances are there that endometriosis normally comes back. It’s found that CBD can potentially stop the cell migration of endometriotic cells.
CBD In Relieving The Painful Nerves
In some rare cases, some patients find it very painful, and the uterine tissue grows inside the abdominal tissue. This condition is called deep-infiltrating endometriosis, which is extremely painful.
In such a situation, the pain is unbearable due to the higher density of nerves. CBD activates the endocannabinoid receptor that regulates nerve growth. Next, we will see how to have a proper lifestyle for reducing the effect of endometriosis.
Lifestyle For Endometriosis
Although there is no standard medical practice of CBD for endometriosis, researchers are finding new facts. They are uncovering several ways to treat the effects of endometriosis with the help of cannabinoids.
It’s essential that you incorporate cannabinoids like CBD in your self-care routine. If you find that pharmaceutical drugs don’t work, there are multiple CBD treatment options available.
Apart from that, a proper diet can also have significant benefits in the treatment of endometriosis. Adopt an anti-inflammatory diet with antioxidant, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. Taking herbal supplements can also offer many benefits for endometriosis.
Now that you know the benefits and how to take CBD for endometriosis, let’s talk about the side effects of CBD.
Side Effects Of CBD
Although there are many potential benefits of CBD for endometriosis, it can also have some side effects. Here are the common adverse effects of taking CBD on a high dose.
- Dizziness: When you take high doses of CBD, you may feel drowsy and weak. To avoid such an effect, you need to stick to the prescribed doses, or you can reduce the doses.
- Dry Mouth: When you take any capsule or spray from CBD in a high dose or without water, you may feel a dry mouth. In such cases, drink a lot of water before and after taking CBD products.
- Diarrhea: Another major side effect of CBD products is diarrhea. However, it’s mainly due to the carrier oil and other items mixed with CBD because normally pure CBD has no such effect.
The Bottom Line
I hope you understand how to take CBD for endometriosis. However, you can consult a doctor before you take it. The doctor can prescribe the proper dosage and tell you how to use it.
Although there is not much research and scientific evidence, many new facts are uncovered every day. So, it is clear that CBD will be used as a primary treatment method for endometriosis and other diseases like pain, stress, and anxiety. Lastly, don’t forget to share your opinion on this and ask if you have any queries in the comment section.