Did you know that stoners often get creative with how they smoke weed, and as a result knowing how to make dabs always proves to be a good idea! Now there are several methods of doing this accurately, and of course, it can prove to be a memorable, rewarding experience. However, you need some time, effort, and lots of patience to get this right.
What Is Dabbing?
Did you know that making dab oil from cannabis is a crazy experience? A waxy, amber-like matter is made with cannabis, and when the matter is heated for inhaling, you can safely call it dabbing. Knowing how to make dabs will also give you information about finding out more about tools like dab rig for inhaling the vapor.
Now each portion of dab is pretty small but potent in high concentrations of CBD or THC. Since it’s inhaled directly, the best way to get the maximum impact of marijuana can be made through this process. Scroll down and find out how to make dabs with water, or rather how to make dabs at home.
Types Of Dabs
Dabs are essentially cannabis concentrates, which means these have much higher concentrations of THC and CBD per gram. But dab is not a single substance. It is an umbrella term that houses a number of substances. All of these are propelled by the same idea and composition but have different characteristics and applications. So, let us look at some of the most common and popular dabs you need to know.
This is referred to as the cannabis concentrate that has been agitated during the extraction or forming process. This results in the concentrate or the oil to change its composition. Cannabis wax can have varied textures, which can range from gooey or creamy to hard and flaky.
This is touted as one of the most commonly available dabs out there in the market. Shatter is usually called so because it comes in a brittle glass-like structure. Shatter is usually easy to identify due to its iconic amber color and translucent visuals. If you are handling Shatter, make sure to do so carefully. Otherwise, you will end up making a mess.
Cannabis connoisseurs refer to this form of dab as the purest form of THC or ‘liquid gold’ due to its distinctive potency and visuals. But scientifically speaking, distillate is an extraordinarily potent concentrate that has high THC or CBD content. Even though distillates contain the potency of cannabis, it is a minus of any flavor or aroma of the strain. Therefore, using this oil is all about unadulterated high without any sort of distractions.
It is the most popular form of dab in the Asian part of the world. Hash is a substance that is created by either pressing or rubbing together the resin gland of a cannabis plant. Hash can be brown or khaki. Depending entirely upon the strain in question.
How to Make Dabs: The Most Creative Methods Explained in 2023
1. Dabs And Butane
Yes, finding out how to make dabs was the purpose when you started reading this article, but have you thought about how to make dabs with butane. If you have, you have reached the right place, and if you haven’t, well, you can always start today! Follow the steps mentioned to make a dab with butane!
- First, get hold of an extraction pipe and fill it with marijuana. While doing so, don’t fill in too tightly.
- Secondly, put a screen below the tube after packing the weed.
- Now, you are ready to let the butane pour inside the tube and then drip below on the dish.
- Lastly, put the dish inside a bigger one. The bigger one must be filled with very hot water to enable the evaporation of butane.
Remember that Butane is a flammable substance. While doing so, make sure you are either outside or in a well-ventilated area. Moreover, you must ensure that your vicinity has nothing that can even cause a spark.
2. Dabs And Water
Knowing how to make dabs always turns out to be a good idea, even on the days you least expect it. If you wonder how to make dabs wax, then there are several methods like the one mentioned above, or you could use water instead of butane. Simply follow the steps mentioned below to find out about making dabs with water.
- Take a bucket. First, place bubble bags and your screen inside the bucket. While doing so, place it away so that the smaller one goes first, followed by the bigger one.
- Secondly, you need to add cannabis. Go ahead with four ounces of it.
- Thirdly, take the bubble bag out, drain it and keep it away.
- Repeat the same process with all the bubble bags inside the bucket.
- Now carefully separate the material from the bags and screen with a spoon or a knife. Once you remove the material, collect the same on a cheesecloth.
- Once you have collected all the material on the cheesecloth, carefully fold it. Now get rid of the water by simply pressing the folded cloth gently.
Now that you know how to make dabs with the help of water extraction, you can choose either way for making those potent dabs. However, using water instead of butane is a better process when you bring safety into the question.
3. Rosin Dabs
Commonly known as the Rosin press process, you can learn how to make dabs easily from this method. All you need to do is buy a few items and follow the steps mentioned below for the same.
- Switch your hair straightener on and put it below 300 degrees – you need to keep the straightener at its lowest temperature.
- Now take a small piece of paper (4*4) and fold it into half. Once you do that, but the materials inside it and close it.
- Gently press the paper and let your straightener heat the paper. Then, all you need to do is apply pressure gently.
- Once the material begins to sizzle, you will know that the material is free from resins. Now you can unfold the piece of paper for removing the materials inside.
- Use any tool for removing the plant-based materials from the wax, you just need to keep the final material inside a silicone container.
Now that you know how to make dabs in three creative ways, it’s time you experiment with each of the methods to find out which is more cost-effective and suits you the best. There are so many fun things you could try out in this context. For example, did you know how to make dabs in a mason jar? Or how to make shatter wax at home? If you don’t, then now is the time to find out!
Bonus Section: Cannabis Edibles
Yes, the article’s purpose is to cover how to make dabs, but I decided to include a bonus section on how to make edibles with a dab on popular demand. Edibles with marijuana or cannabis are usually meant for creating a recreational impact, but a helping impact is also probable. It’s a pretty easy process. All you need to do in this case is find out how to make cannabutter with dabs, and you will be ready to enjoy the pleasure of canna edibles!
You will need a few primary ingredients. These are as follows,
- Cannabis that’s decarboxylated
- Cannabis oil in solid as well as liquid form
- Vegetable flavors and oils are accompanied by an addition of substances that are active.
Frequently Asked Questions
It might take you a few months if you start indulging in dabs regularly. There are several easy to go about it – whatever makes you more comfortable, you can choose it.
Yes, dab can cause Psychosis, especially in the hands of users who are inexperienced. So you have to be careful if you are doing this for the first time.
Industry experts say that dab available in glass-like shatter or even wax extracts is the best form of dabs. You could also opt for crumble, budder, or cannabis oil.
Now that you know how to make dabs, what are you waiting for? You are not going to nail this on your first attempt. Since you are going to need some practice before you get good at this, it’s smarter to practice a few times before you are ready to show off your dabbing skills at a party!
Barsha Bhattacharya is a senior content writing executive. As a marketing enthusiast and professional for the past 4 years, writing is new to Barsha. And she is loving every bit of it. Her niches are marketing, lifestyle, wellness, travel and entertainment. Apart from writing, Barsha loves to travel, binge-watch, research conspiracy theories, Instagram and overthink.